[Zope] ZCatalog counting?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 16:47:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Rik Hoekstra wrote:
> To quote a mail by RD Murray from a gew days ago:
>
>  How do I find the size of the results returned by the catalog?
>  <dtml-let results=Catalog(....)>
>  <dtml-var "_.len(results)"> <-- the results' length -->
>  </dtml-let>

Hmm.  That wasn't my code.  I'd suggest instead (untested, but I've
used similar code in my own products):

<dtml-in "Catalog(meta_type="Folder")" size=1>
  There are <dtml-var sequence-length> items of type Folder.
</dtml-in>

I'm not sure what the relative advantages of these two code
snippets would be, but the latter does stick purely to dtml.

--RDM