[Zope] Authentication question.

Richard Moon richard@dcs.co.uk
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:42:43 +0100

I don't know if my experience is any use. I'm developing a site with a
postgresql backend and I want users to be able to enter data over the web,
and I want to know who has entered what data. So only registered users can
access the pages which allow data entry.

I set up a GUF (Generic User Folder) and used the How-to on using GUF with
SQL. This checks the login and password against Postgress and of course I
can then look-up the user-id whenever I want to 'stamp' data with that user-id.

I had some problems when testing the system using the 'super-user' since it
wouldn't do sql-lookups for that user (this was Zope 2.1.4).

Unfortunately since installing the latest release of GUF I can't get it to
work at all, except as super-user (not even in standard non-sql mode).

I'm waiting to see what happens in this area as I would hope that login
manager or something coming out of the PTK would be the way to go.

Unfortunately Zope, and associated products seems to be in state of rapid
change and there are quite a few unknowns at the moment.

If you'd like any details of my code just get back to me.

Regards

Richard