[Zope] Data.fs.lock?

Wed, 28 Jun 2000 12:45:15 +0100

Windows definitely provides the right default behaviour here; in most cases
reading a file while someone else is writing to it is a great way to read
garbage. Its annoying for the minority of cases where it does make sense
(such as data.fs) that the Unix-like behaviour (ie, unsafe ;-) isn't
available to Python.

Is anyone from DC listening? would you accept a patch to FileStorage for
Windows that relied on an extension module?