[Zope] KM|net News help

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 14:49:50 -0400

--- Wesley ---
Being a newbie, I've decided to use the KM|net News product as a base to get
my magazine/newspaper site off the ground. I've
found it OK so far, but one of the problems I'm having is adding old (ie
archived) articles to the database. I go in and create a new KMYear (1999)
and a new month (1). When I get to the "add KMArticle" and try and enter an
Id (even with 9 numbers), I get an Invalid date/time string error. How can I
create valid Id's? Once I have a valid Id, I assume I'll be able to create
an article (incoming.html?)
---

You've hit upon an "unimplemented" feature. I didn't need to be able to
create articles via the management interface, so I never added that
capability. Patches accepted :)

--- Wesley ---
I'd also like to get rid of the "By" (my authors don't identify themselves)
and the date/time stamp. Where do I find the code for this?
Also, is there any way of getting around the fact that you have to approve
an article. In the 'Editing Articles" section of the documentation, you're
told you "will recieve a message with a link to the edit page of that
article. As I don't have SMTP access, I can't specify the mailhost which
means I can't approve the article.
---

The "index.html" method is currently located in the Product itself, and that
controls the byline and date/time stamp display. This should probably be
moved into the KMArticleStore so that people can change it.

--- Wesley ---
Lastly, once I have the articles in there, how do I make them "belong" to a
particular section?
---

There is a category field on the article editing page. You set up your
categories in the KMArticleStore. When you go to the edit method of the
article, you can just select the category from the pull down menu.

Kevin