[Zope] Howto engineer a scientific paper system

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:01:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, ChristianThayer@mailandnews.com wrote:

> Thank you for the comments and links for latex and docbook.
>
> Going the latex path seems to me worthwhile - but on another day
> ;-) ,  I have already done some setup in zope that I would like to
> build on.  What I did not find about LaTeX was a screenshot (isn't it

Having used latex for a long time I would like to point out that if you
are planing to to write many papers for conferences/publications Latex has
some very helpful tools. For one many scientific journals provide Latex
style files so you don't need to worry about formating. Also (and IMO the
most important) are the pain in the ... bib contents. There are very nice
bib databases for Latex and latex (or bibtex) can produce bibliography
contents in the formats required by most journals. Check also Lynx which
is a minimal (last i checked) wysiwig environment for Latex.

Pavlos