[Zope] Backing Up Zope (was: Re: [Zope] Data.fs.lock?)

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 13:11:44 -0600

> Wilkinson Charlie E wrote:
>
> Just to start by pointing out the bloody obvious:
>
> - Restoring from backup means you lose all data between
>   backup date/time and system failure.  Sucks, but it
>   beats losing *all* your data.  (RAID5 anyone?)

A) Please: no html!
B) I just had one weird and wild thought. A RAID5 type of storage using
ZODBs instead of blocl devices. Probably not doable, and might not gain
anything if doable, but it was one of those ideas that shoots across
your brain and sounds cool at first. Just thought I'd share.

:)

--
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...
Command Line User Environment".

seen in a posting on comp.software.testing