[Zope] Zope for Client / Server Game advice seeked

David Stidolph dstidolph@austin.rr.com
Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:11:15 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01BFE1FD.CBD3E3E0

I'm working on a Client / Server game.  My plan is to write the Game
code on the server (and some on the client) in Python and use Zope as=20
the persistent database solution and interface to the server.  The game=20
objects will probably be based on C++ objects and I was considering=20
using SOAP as the transport for all non-high traffic messages between=20
the server and the client (high volume messages will probably have to go =

UDP).  For UI I was thinking of DHTML with a Windows application=20
using IE 5.5 embedded in it.

This is a high level look at what I was considering and I am looking for
advice and opinions - especially in regards to Zope or other
alternatives.  I know the magnatude of the project - I do have some
others to help, but I am the only one with actual game development
experience.

The game code WILL be Open Source and is primarily to teach myself and
others some new technology with a intereasting purpose.

Thanks in advance,

David Stidolph
(or email dstidolph@mshow.com for work email)

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01BFE1FD.CBD3E3E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I'm working on a Client / Server game.&nbsp; My plan is to write =
the=20
Game<BR>code on the server (and some on the client) in Python and use =
Zope as=20
</DIV>
<DIV>the persistent database solution and interface to the server.&nbsp; =
The=20
game </DIV>
<DIV>objects will probably be based on C++ objects and I was considering =
</DIV>
<DIV>using SOAP as the transport for all non-high traffic messages =
between=20
</DIV>
<DIV>the server and the client (high volume messages will probably have =
to go=20
</DIV>
<DIV>UDP).&nbsp; For UI I was thinking of DHTML with a Windows =
application=20
</DIV>
<DIV>using IE 5.5 embedded in it.<BR><BR>This is a high level look at =
what I was=20
considering and I am looking for<BR>advice and opinions - especially in =
regards=20
to Zope or other<BR>alternatives.&nbsp; I know the magnatude of the =
project - I=20
do have some<BR>others to help, but I am the only one with actual game=20
development<BR>experience.<BR><BR>The game code WILL be Open Source and =
is=20
primarily to teach myself and<BR>others some new technology with a =
intereasting=20
purpose.<BR></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks in advance,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>David Stidolph</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>(or email <A=20
href=3D"mailto:dstidolph@mshow.com">dstidolph@mshow.com</A> for work=20
email)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0047_01BFE1FD.CBD3E3E0--