[Zope] SQL method: Trying to be too clever?

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 17:02:47 +0200

>Is it possible to pass a variable into anything other than the values
>of a SQL method?  I'm trying to pass a parameter to a method, such that
>the param is used to define which field is affected by the action:

The only thing is you'll have to define the param in your sql method
definition. In this case this would be field, besides storytitle and value.

>insert into related (rootstory, <dtml-sqlvar field>)

in that case you just want a <dtml-var field> (you not passing it as sql
query values)

>values (<dtml-sqlvar storytitle>,
>        <dtml-sqlvar value>)
>
>Possible?  This doesn't work, of course...

hth

Rik