[Zope] Kid clicking and Zope thread deadlock

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 11:51:30 PDT

>From: Brian Lloyd <Brian@digicool.com>
>The quick way to determine this: install a fresh Zope without
>SybaseDA installed and see if you can reproduce the kid-clicking
>behavior.
>
>Another thing potentially to look at: there is problem with
>Sybase connections that I have run into before where if you
>have a request that runs a transactional query, then a non-
>transactional query, then trys another transactional query
>you get a hang :(  I don't know if this could be the case
>here, but if so you might want to look here for more info:
>
>http://classic.zope.org:8080/Collector/1059/view

Thank you very much! My preliminary test indicates that indeed the deadlock
is coming from the Sybase database adapter. Zope alone seems to be doing
fine (what a relief!), even under intense bombardment of http form requests.

I'll have more about Sybase deadlocking later, as I try to isolate the
problem. I think the problem is not only with transaction-non_transaction
interaction. The problem happens even after I connect all the Zope threads
to Sybase, and use transactions for all threads afterwards.

regards,

Hung Jung