[Zope] Re: Messing with the namespaces stack

Jim Hebert jim@cosource.com
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 16:32:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Hamish Lawson wrote:

> Jim, that is indeed clever. Am I right, however, in thinking that every
> DTML method or DTML document that wants this additional-parent
> behaviour will need to use these <dtml-with> wrappers? I think what I'm
> after is the ability to alter the parents of the containing folder
> itself, so that any contained method automatically has this modified
> acquisition path.

Yes. I sorta expected someone to point that out, which is part of the
reason I posted my other, longish post, which shows among other things
that I only have that double-dtml-with in one place, the toplevel
index_html.

So, it may not be ideal for other design patterns.

jim

--
Jim Hebert                                       http://www.cosource.com/
jim@cosource.com          The cooperative market for open source software

"Well actually I was considering opening a market in flying pigs. Mostly
because it would be more practical...." -- Alan Cox