[Zope] Uploading file and transaction error?

Evan Gibson egibson@connect.com.au
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:44:07 +1100

>I have an uploading section on may intranet site (no ZCLASS), where
>people are able to upload files from their local pcs, setting properties
>for the files and selecting a subfolder (or creating a new one), where
>the file will be stored.
>
>Now I get from time to time an attribute error and I have no clue, why
>and what I should do to prevent this.
>
>Error type:  AttributeError
> Error value: commit_sub
>
>the traceback:
>
>File D:\PROGRA~1\zope_214\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 214, in
>publish_module
>  File D:\PROGRA~1\zope_214\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 179,
>in publish
>  File D:\PROGRA~1\zope_214\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 202, in
>zpublisher_exception_hook
>    (Object: ElementWithAttributes)
>  File D:\PROGRA~1\zope_214\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 169,
>in publish
>  File D:\PROGRA~1\zope_214\lib\python\ZODB\Transaction.py, line 246, in
>commit
>
>Has anybody seen this too?

I get this exact same problem trying to add completely normal File Objects
to my Zope site.
I can create the object empty if I don't include an upload, but the instant
I try and upload anything it dies with the above error.
It happens _constantly_ for me, not just time to time.

Evan Gibson

--
  Evan ~ThunderFoot~ Gibson    ~ nihil mutatem, omni deletum ~
      May the machines watch over you with loving grace.