[Zope] Reply To:

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 14:40:09 +1100

Morning...

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000, Bill Anderson wrote:
> Curtis Maloney wrote:
> >
> > Is it at all possible to have this list set reply to?
> >
> > since problems discussed and solved here are logged for others to search,
> > surely it would be best if, by default, replies to these messages came to the
> > list?  I know it's just a little thing, but it still bugs me.
> >
> > I know that on other lists to which I subscribe this is done.
> >
> > Anyone else have an opinion on this?
>
> Can-of-Worms alert!

Isn't this what open forums are best at? (o8

> This is something that has been discussed at length on many forums.
> Munging like this is not only counter to the stamdards, it is also a Bad
> Idea (tm) on many levels.

Erm... since when is the reply to field of an e-mail header NOT standard?
Why is it a bad idea?  It means the default action of replying to a message on
this list is to contribute to the list.

I'm not saying you are wrong.  I just would prefer a clear explanation instead
of an outright "that is wrong."

--
Have a better one,
	Curtis.