[Zope] Problems installing Zope

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 12:20:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Steven Purchase wrote:
> [SunOS 5.5.1 Generic sun4m sparc SUNW,SPARCstation-10]
>
> After installing the latest python (and then re-compiling with
> threads, doh) I unpacked Zope-2.1.4-src and ran wo_pcgi.py.
> Everything seemed to go fine, so I simply fired it up using
> ./start. After a couple of seconds Zope (okay, Python) falls over
> reporting that the ExtensionClass module couldn't be found at the
> import in ZODB/__init__.py.
>
> Actually, after investigation, none of the modules would load
> from an import even though they all have .so files present in the
> lib/python dir. Now, I don't know a thing about Python so I don't
> know where to look to sort this out... Any ideas?
>
> Is it something to do with shared libraries being handled wrongly
> on SunOS 5?

   I have Zope installed and running on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.5.1. Zope is in
/usr/local/Zope. There are 17 .so libraries in lib/python. Zope is running
fine: http://sun.med.ru/~zphd/
   The only thing - I am running under Apache with PCGI, no ZServer.
Nothing special for dynamic linking...

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru