[Zope] SQLSession and Performance issues

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:21:05 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Timothy Grant wrote:

> I have a single page data entry form where almost every field  gets
> stored in the SESSION. This form can take from 9 to 15 seconds to
> display. When all my other forms take 1 to 3 seconds this is a
> significant slowdown.
>
> I am curious as to what methods may be used to reduce calls to
> SESSION['varname'], or if I am even barking up the right tree.

Last I checked, setting an SESSIOn variable immediately did an update
on the RDBM which would explain the slowdown. I do not know what the
current situation is but I remember Anthony mentioning he was thinking of
changing it. You might trying playing with the source code and store all
changes to SESSION in a volatile attribute and call the SQL method at the
end of the transaction only (at least this is how I do it in FSSession).

Pavlos