[Zope] Install problem, please help...

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:14:05 +1100

On Fri, 03 Mar 2000, Eric L. Walstad wrote:
> I checked my /etc/services file and it isn't showing anything connected to
> port 8080.  Is there somewhere else I need to check?

/etc/services is mostly just a reference list of what the port number is
'officially' used for (STD 03  iirc is the Internet Numbers standard)

> //
> // try "telnet 192.168.1.100 8080" and see what it says.
> It says: "telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused"

that means there's nothing there to accept the connection.

> Then I added the "/usr/local/Zope-2.1.3-src/start &" line to my
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local file, rebooted, did a "ps -ax" to see what processes were
> running, saw that "z2.py -D" (in there 2 times).

yes.  Because ZOPE threads, you will see a number of them about.  This is
normal.

> So, I tried to telnet in agian and this time it said "Connected to
> 192.168.1.100"

"Hello, ZOPE speaking" (o8

> Next I tried to connect to "http://192.168.1.100:8080/manage" with my
> browser...
>
> IT WORKED!!!!

COOL!

> Thanks a million Curtis!  I guess I just needed to add the line to my
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local file and reboot!  YAY!

hey... no problem... glad i could help.

that script file gets executed every time you boot up, right at the end.  That
line just starts zope, and backgrounds it.

> OK, now I need to get to work.

Let the fun begin. (o8

--
Have a better one,