[Zope] Zope needs this (and Dynamo has it)

M. Adam Kendall mak@kha0s.org
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 11:47:34 -0500 (EST)

On 03-Mar-2000 Alexander Staubo wrote:
> are possibly evil, but the product is of high quality, and it sells. And
> because it sells, many people use it, and because so many people use it,
> skilled developers exist in large numbers. Unfortunately, I can't say
> the same of Zope.

Funny, I had never heard of Dynamo before you mentioned it here.
Fortunately, I can't say the same of Zope ;)   I think you underestimate
the actual numbers of people and sites that use Zope.  I also think that
you are creating FUD so that you can get a feature you want to see
implemented by the folks at DC.  Truly bad taste.

> Speaking of which, SNMP support for Zope would have been nice. Then we
> could import the numbers needed to build monitors like the one featured
> in the screen shot.

Please no.  There is NO reason to pollute Zope with something as insecure
as SNMP.