[Zope] PostgreSQL money weird problem

Cesar A. K. Grossmann ckant@uol.com.br
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 22:42:34 -0300

Hi,

I'm with a weird problem with a report from a SQL database. I have a
field of type 'money', and every time I use it in a SELECT query, it
returns 0.00, doesn't matter the actual value of the field (in the
example bellow - the 'test' of the query -, the field Valor is of type
'money'):

 Id | Idcliente | Data       | Valor
  1 | 11        | 03-03-2000 | 0.0
  2 | 11        | 03-03-2000 | 0.0
  3 | 11        | 03-03-2000 | 0.0

SQL used:

select *
from compras
where idcliente=11

Running the same query on the interactive client, gives the value of
money:

credito=> select * from compras where idcliente=11;
id|idcliente|      data|valor
--+---------+----------+--------
 1|       11|03-03-2000|R$50,00
 2|       11|03-03-2000|R$150,00
 3|       11|03-03-2000|R$15,00
(3 rows)

I'm using Zope 2.1.2, ZPyGreSQLDA, and PostgreSQL 6.4.2, running in a
Conectiva Linux 4.0 (kernel version is 2.2.5).

The definition of the class compras is:

Table    = compras
+--------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|    Field     |              Type                | Length|
+--------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| id           | int4 not null default nextval('c |     4 |
| idcliente    | int4                             |     4 |
| data         | date                             |     4 |
| valor        | money                            |     4 |
Indices:  compras_id_key
          compras_pkey

TIA
--
Cesar A. K. Grossmann - AOLIM CesarAKG - ICQ# 53373705
http://members.xoom.com/ckant/