[Zope] formatting a date string

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 18:09:29 +1200

In article <4tU7QdA2Cew4Ew9x@compkarori.com>, Graham Chiu
<anon_emouse@hotmail.com> writes
>In article <PuuGwbAe0dw4EwKK@compkarori.com>, Graham Chiu
><anon_emouse@hotmail.com> writes
>>There is a DateTime() function to create date objects mentioned in the
>>DTML guide, but it doesn't seem to be documented.
>
>Okay, it's simple enough -
>
><dtml-call "REQUEST.set('mydate',_.DateTime('2000/12/31'))">
>
>creates the date object I need to then reformat it.

Oops, spoke too soon.  Spent the last few hours trying to suss this out
without any progress :-(

I have a variable called START returned by a sqlquery

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('startdate',START)">
start is <dtml-var startdate>

and that's okay

<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('month',_.DateTime(startdate).aMonth">

That, and variations of the same, dies with

Error Type: TypeError
Error Value: __div__ nor __rdiv__ defined for these operands

Why is that these simple little things are so difficult in Zope?

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz
http://www.compkarori.com/dynamo - The Homebuilt Dynamo