[Zope] Re: dtml-raise types? + How to hide Traceback

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 09:13:26 +0100

From: "Stefan Langerman" <lfalse@cs.rutgers.edu>

> Thanks... but I think I really need to raise an error:
> I want to invoke the redirect in the standard_html_header,
> so if I use <dtml-call "RESPONSE.redirect(url)">, only
> the header will be redirected (I think...).

No, a Redirect is a client side thing. The response will tell your browser
to go elsewhere.

> Another, slightly related question: On my zope, whenever
> there is an error, the whole Traceback is printed on
> the error page, and this doesn't seem to be part of the
> standard_error_message. Does anyone know how to hide it,
> or to put it in a html comment, like www.zope.org does?

You have to start up your Zope install in non-debug mode. By default, it is
started with the -D flag (see you start script). Remove that flag, and all
your tracebacks will be demoted to HTML comments.

Martijn Pieters