[Zope] General ZOPE Programming Question

Michael Lausch michael.lausch@1012surf.net
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 14:58:13 +0100 (CET)

I want to do the following tasks

A user enters a list of products. Such a list is equivalent to
an order. Then i want the user to enter some things for each
product. I don't want to implement DTML pages for each
combination of products and i want to present one entry
screen for each order.

I tried the following approach:
I created a Folder named 'Products'. In this folder i
created subfolders named after the prducts code number,
e.g. `4007', `4008'., ....

In each of these folders i defined a DTML Method `New' which
hholds the DTML code to create an input form fr this product. My
plan is also to create methods named 'Display', 'Edit', .... so
i can render the objects in different ways.

In anotehr page i want to do something like:

<dtml-in products>
   <dtml-var "URL1 + '/Products/' + _['sequence-item'] + '/New'">
</dtml-in>

but this doesn't work. Nothing is displayed. I also tries
<dtml-var expr="...."> and <dtml-call "..."> (the last one
was pure desperation).

So what's the correct method for implementig such a system?