[Zope] Setting attribute from DTML method in ZClass

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sun, 5 Mar 2000 19:48:42 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Niekel" <chris-zope@mimar.demon.nl>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2000 4:34 PM
Subject: [Zope] Setting attribute from DTML method in ZClass

> I've created a ZClass with a method 'force_update'. When a user is viewing
> an object, there is a formbutton which they can press and force_update is
> then called. So far it works. What I want my force_update to do, is that
> it should set the needs_check (type boolean) in the object to true.
> With <dtml-if needs_check> I print different things depending on whether
> the object needs a check. From the Property sheet I can change the
> settings.
>
> So, how do I put something like this().needs_check = 1 in a dtml-method?

This how-to will give you all the details:
http://www.zope.org/Members/lstaffor/zProperties

The short of it is that you need to call manage_changeProperties for the
propertysheet in question (which is actually what you need to do in Python
as well).

<dtml-call
"propertysheets.YourPropSheet.manage_changeProperties({'needs_check' : 1})">

Kevin