[Zope] using manage_upload

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 15:29:38 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Timothy Wilson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm asking this question again because I still haven't been able to work
> it out for myself. I'd like to have a button or link on a page that, when
> pressed, presents the user (the Manager actually) with a dialog to upload
> a new version of a file object that's in that directory. I presume that
> the manage_upload method would do the trick, but I can't figure out how to
> use it.

You didn't say what problems, if any, you are having, so I'm just going to
take a shot in the dark.

By choosing a DTML Document, clicking on the Upload tab, and viewing the
source, I believe you need something like:

<FORM action="manage_upload" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<INPUT type="file" name="file" size="25" value=""><BR>
<INPUT type="submit" value="Change">
</FORM>

Make sure you don't leave out the enctype attribute or things will be
unhappy.

Let me know what, specifically, doesn't work if you continue to have
problems. I'll do my best to help.

> -Tim

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/