[Zope] [newbe] MySQLDA Installation error at MySQLdb build.

Eric L. Walstad ewalstad@energywright.com
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 21:40:04 -0800

Hi David and the rest of the group,

Can you believe I am still battling this MySQLDA installation!?  ARGH!

I hope you can help me out here:

According to the HOWTO by alanpog, I've
1. Downloaded MySQLDA 1.1.3
2. Expanded it into my top level Zope Directory (/usr/local/Zope) Note that
I did not do any installation here, just expanded it into this directory.
3. Downloaded MySQLdb v0.1.2
4. Expanded MySQLdb into /usr/local/Zope/lib/python/Products
4a. Modified the Setup.in file so that the one uncommented line is:
    _mysql
_mysqlmodule.c -L/usr/local/lib/mysql -I/usr/local/include/mysql -lmysqlclie
nt
    As you mentioned, these point to where my MySQL libraries are.
4b. According to the README file, ran 'python build.py'
This is where I am stuck.  The build.py script crunches along then bombs
with the following error:

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "build.py", line 14, in ?
    import MySQLdb
  File "MySQLdb.py", line 19, in ?
    from _mysql inport *
ImportError: libmysqlclient.so.6: cannot open shared object file: no such
file or directory"

I checked and this file is in my /usr/local/lib/mysql directory.  It is a
link to libmysqlclient.so.6.0.0.  Both files are there; owner=root,
group=root.

I'm hoping this is a simple fix ;^)

Any idea's would be greatly appreciated!

Eric.