[Zope] Creation of an ZClass Instance.

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 11:11:03 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "M.J.M. Stahl" <mjstahl@bizux.net>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2000 10:23 AM
Subject: [Zope] Creation of an ZClass Instance.

> The form that is used to submit a creation action resides in a created
> folder (http://diis/tasks/generator) and therefore does not reside in the
> folder where the DCTaskClass_add method resides.

I would recommend taking a look at how the management interface does things.
(Just do a View Source in the Zope management frame that has the pull down
menu listing the different things you can add).

In KM|Net News, I made the incoming article form post to a DTML method
(AddArticle) that basically follows the steps in the "Adding ZClass
Instances Programmatically" how to.

http://www.zope.org/Members/tazzzzz/addZClasses

I haven't tested this, but posting your form to:

"manage_addProduct/YourProductName/YourZClass_add"

may do the trick, assuming your form is being called from the Folder where
you want the new instance created. Otherwise, you should do something like:

"/FolderForNewInstance/manage_addProduct/YourProductName/YourZClass_add"

Kevin