[Zope] Zope & Vignette was Re: [Zope] Zope needs this (and Dynamo has it)

Kevin Butler kbutler@campuspipeline.com
Wed, 08 Mar 2000 14:43:24 -0700

Is this comparison available?

Or going to be available?

kb

>>> From: Patrick Phalen <zope@teleo.net>:

Yesterday, I was asked, by a client, to put together a side-by-side
comparison of Zope and Vignette for presentation to their IT managers.
I did a lot of searching on the Web, but found only the one article from
this list last October, which was written by someone with no experience
with either of the two!

Frequently, people have asked for this sort of data on this list, but
I've never seen a coherent answer. It's a FAQ.

Digital Creations might be able to help here, since they have direct
experience with clients who have started with Vignette and switched to
Zope. It would probably be "impolitic" for DC to author a public
article taking Vignette to task, but certainly they could help an
independent author with facts. If that article could then be published
in DevShed or Web Development, or another visible place, it would give
us all something to point to. Search engines would index it. The word
would spread.

Vignette is often characterized as the "industrial strength" CMS, so it
would seem a good target for a comparison, especially due to its high
cost.