[Zope] Representing lines as one string

Kiran Jonnalagadda jace@lunateks.com
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 20:23:54 +0530

Hi,

When I have a form with a <textarea> field set to submit to an sql
method, ['it gets stored','like this']. How do I get around this? Do I
have to do some special formatting before submitting to the SQL method,
or is there something I must do in the SQL method declaration itself?
I'm using <dtml-sqlvar fieldname type=string> because this was the best
I could find in the documentation. Is there a type=lines? If there is,
someone please put it in the ZQR.

Another: I want a text holding ZClass for storing text pages. Deriving
from DTML Document or Method seems the obvious choice but I have an
issue with that: the content must be rendered thus:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var raw newline_to_br>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

I suppose I have to override rendering for my ZClass and insert this
code. How do I do this?

--

Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://lunateks.com

baby.sh: while true; do echo "^G^G^G^G^G"; sed -e 's/food/poop/'; sync;
sync; sleep 15; done