[Zope] Zope Stability Question

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:32:43 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, James W. Howe wrote:
> I'm working on a project for which Zope seems appropriate.  However, an
> outside consultant for our client claims that the major problem with Zope
> is that it requires Python, and Python is much less stable than something
> like Perl.  I haven't used Zope or Python enough to have counterarguments

I think you are safe in classifying this statement as FUD.  I've been
using Python (outside of Zope) for five years.  I even had a non-trivial
accounting system that my business depended on running in Python.
A bad design decision on my part led to some real problems with memory
size and CPU use of the resulting program, but Python never crashed
no matter how much data I tried to shoehorn into my badly designed
system.  Python is rock solid.

--RDM