[Zope] Zope Stability Question

JB jimbag@kw.igs.net
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 12:01:35 -0500

The testamonials continue...

I wrote a perl app a few years ago for a customer, about 10,000 lines.
It produces a book in postscript from a database of info. They run it
once a week. It crashed at random. After 6 months, I couldn't read my
own code, comments or not. I ended up rewriting in Python and it has run
without a hitch for about 2 years AND I can still read and understand
the code. I hesitate to write a thing in perl anymore, and if I am
forced to, won't support it. I've had Zope and numerous other programs
in Python running without one crash EVER! Believe it!

cheers
jim

--
The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity.