[Zope] Zope + Coda = Client Side Zope?

Jack Ungerleider jack@jacku.com
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:31:46 -0600

Some of the dsicussions in the Client Side Zope thread got me to thinking about
an article I read in Linux Journal sometime ago on the Coda file system. As
luck would have I can't seem to find that issue. Most of the information
contained in that article (now over a year old) can be found in updated form at
http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/ .

For those who've not heard of coda its a distributed filesystem that supports a
variety of the features, including disconnected operation and replication among
multiple servers, that were mentioned in the previous thread.

I will admit to knowing only the very surface information about coda and throw
this to the list for anyone who has actually used it. Also do any of the DC
folks think that a data store centered around a coda type fs would be doable?
I've been intrigued by coda since I first read the article this may be the
reason to explore further.

Any other thoughts on this?

--
Jack Ungerleider