[Zope] zope.org Members list

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:48:05 -0800

I've always noticed the same thing, over a period of months. I'd also like
to know what it signifies. Is the list stored in the ZODB, and is this
therefore indicative of the kind of performance than can be expected with 6k
records? Or a relational table? It's not very impressive, makes the member
list something to avoid, and it's undoubtedly fixable...

Even if it gets "fixed" right away, it'd still be useful to know what the
problem was.

Michael Simcich
AccessTools

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of alan
runyan
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 9:55 AM
To: webmaster@zope.org
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] zope.org Members list

is it me or is the Members list take FOREVER to navigate through?  and why
would it take so long (more than minute) to go from first page of members to
the next page?  it wasn't like this a few months ago.  is it the load on the
server?(I tried last night @4AM to the same results)  is it the way its
fetching and ordering members from the catalog (this definetly shouldnt be
the problem - its only 6000 people, w/ listed boolean and alphabetizing
results).

thanks,
~alan