[Zope] A ZCatalog ID bug?

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 16:12:26 -0500 (EST)

I've got a simple CatalogAware ZClass.  (CatalogAware is the only
class I added to its inheritance list.)  Everything seems fine,
but if I access an instance of the ZClass through the Catalog by doing, say,
getobject(data_record_id_), and then inspect the 'id' property of
the returned object, instead of getting the id of the object I get
the id of the folder in which the Catalog lives.  When I create
class instances, the 'id' in the meta-data is correct.  If tell
the catalog to update itself (or tell an item listed in the catalog
to update itself through the catalog management screen), then
suddenly the metadata id is also the id of the folder enclosing
the Catalog.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something stupid?  The object appears
under its id in all of the management screens, including the 'indexed
items' tab of the Catalog.

--RDM