[Zope] Generic User Folder Gotcha

Ben Leslie benno@sesgroup.net
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:59:37 +1100

Just thought I'd let people know about a small gotcha in the GUF.

If you do not have a user folder in the root directory and then create
a GUF in a subfolder using cookie-based permissions it will lock you
out of that folder.

GUF works fine in this situation if you use basic authentication just
not with cookie based. The problem is that in cookie based authentication
method it never checks whether you are the super user or not. It works fine
if you have a user folder in the root becuase it then goes and checks it.

I tried some code to get around it but didn't really have time to fix it
esp when it is trivial bug/feature? to get around.

Anyway just though this might save some people some time along the way.

Oh and thanks to Zen GUF is a fantastic product !

Cheers,

Benno