[Zope] efficient internal redirect

Andy Heath a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 08:13:29 +0000

I have some pages within zope which are linked
to externally (from non-zope pages).  I want
to have some sort of internal index so that I can
move the zope pages around completely within zope
(move a page and change its index) without breaking
or having to change the external in-pointing links.

This mechanism will come into play for nearly every
page in my system so I'm looking
for the most efficient code to do this.

My thinking about possibilities for the index :-

methods in a folder
properties of a folder
properties of a dtml-doc
some other sort of data structure

For the redirection its obviously more efficient to
do it something like dtml-var rather than redirect
back to the client but (as my other posts show) I'm
often really struggling to get my object references
right (only partial understanding - looking forward to
better documentation) I'd appreciate some help here
too.

What's the most efficient way?

Andy
Andy Heath                    a.k.heath@open.ac.uk
The Open University           +44 (0) 114 2885738