[Zope] Setting title in an external method

Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:24:35 +0000

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 12:10:07 -0500, Greg Ward <gward@cnri.reston.va.us>
wrote:

<snip problem details>

>The problem is that the "title" when I call "my_xm" (ie. the "Title:"
>HTTP header and "<TITLE>" HTML tag) is just "Zope", which I presume is
>the title *of the folder* containing the external method.  Yuck.  I want
>the form result to have a title of its own, eg. "Error Viewing
>Blah-blah".
>
>What's the best way to do this?  Possibilities that occur to me:
>
>  * use a DTML Document instead of a Method (not sure if this will
>    work, and sometimes I really do want it to be a method -- eg.
>    it might be called from within a larger Document in some context)

This should work, is 'The Right Thing'.

If you are using a DTML Method, then it will be a method *of the
folder* containing the method. DTML method's dont add a namespace of
their own, so <dtml-var title_or_id> is supposed to give you the
folder's title.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com