[Zope] y2kbug - bobobase_modification_time one day back

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 18:06:12 +0000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:43:55 -0500  Brian Lloyd <Brian@digicool.com> wrote:

> He [Jim F] has checked in the fix - if you are tracking CVS you need to
> update lib/python/ZODB/TimeStamp.c and rebuild it. For those not
> using CVS, I've attached a copy of the updated file to this email
> (but you'll still have to rebuild the extension for the change to
> take effect).

Thanks for this. Only just got round to trying it. For dummies
like me does "re-build" means do "python wo_pcgi.py" again
from the root of your Zope install (under Linux)? (Having,
of course, replaced the lib/python/ZODB/TimeStamp.c file.)

I hope so because I just did it and it seems to have solved
the problem in as much as new News Items in my PTK-generated
pages no longer all have dates of 29 Feb. (I guess there may
be more finely honed ways of just causing a selective
re-build ....)

I note, however, that those News Items that were created with wrong
dates, still have wrong dates (at least as displayed on
the Web pages). Perhaps this is a problem that is just
local to the PTK?

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/