[Zope] Banner + search engine + Zope

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:28:04 -0500

No.  We just don't have a banner ad product that does targeting.

RealMedia does a very good job of targeting.  It's not (terribly) cheap,
but it does have lots of features.

NetPerceptions can help if you spend lots of time and $.  It's not a
banner ad system in itself, but a collaborative filtering engine that
you can produce recommendations with.  This can help in ad targeting.
It's incredibly expensive.

And yes, I would say to go with a non-Zope approach right now unless
you're willing to put in the time to write an ad targeting and delivery
system yourself.  We'd love to see such a beast, but done properly its a
fairly complex and time-consuming undertaking.  We've chosen to
recommend off the shelf systems for a couple customers rather than
building our own so far.

--
Chris McDonough - Digital Creations, Inc.
Publishers of Zope - http://www.zope.org