[Zope] SiteAccess breaks FTP!

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:01:31 +0000

Hi,

I'm trying to sort out the relative URLs of some virtually hosted Zope sites.
In a nutshell, there some sites visible to the outside world as www.site1.com, www.site2.com, etc
These are in /site1, /site2, etc folders off Zope's root.
The redirection is done using Apache's Proxy method, but I need to sort out BASE, URL, and
absolute_url() type things, which I'm doing using the following Site Access Rule:

<dtml-in virtual_hosts>
<dtml-if "REQUEST.environ['HTTP_HOST']==_['sequence-item']">
 <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('SiteRootPATH','/')">
</dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

and blank SiteRoot objects in /site1, /site2, etc.

The only problem is that since I did this, I get the following whenever I try to FTP into Zope
(which used to work fine and which we use quite heavily for content editing with Dreamweaver):

 550 Could not list directory.

Why do I get this? How do I stop it happening? (preferably without stopping using SiteAccess...)

If anyone has any experience with this, I'd appreciate the help...

Chris