[Zope] Site Access Rules and Permissions

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 14:49:22 +0000

Hi Evan :-)

> Access Rules are designated by name within their container; If you rename
> them, copy them, or move them, the new/renamed method will not be a Rule
> unless you designate it as one.

So, it's okay to copy a Site Access Rule DTML method to another folder and then set as a Site Access
rule in that folder? I could have sworn when I tried it, the original stopped working too...
...but I was probbably wrong...

> > <dtml-if "_.has_key('virtual_host') and REQUEST.environ['HTTP_HOST']==virtual_host">
> > <dtml-call "REQUEST.setURL(path='/')">
> > </dtml-if>
>
> Looks good! This is similar to the solution that Digital Creations came up
> with, and is better, I think, than my SiteRoot behavior.

Cool :-)

> > It would appear that a Site Root and a Site Access Rule containing the
> following are NOT the same:
> > <dtml-call "REQUEST.setURL(base=SiteRootBASE, path=SiteRootPATH)">
>
> Was this Rule living in the subfolder where the SiteRoot would have been?

Nope... I was hoping just to have one Site Root Access rule that got aquired for each site. Is that
not possible? :S

Chris