[Zope] questions about zope, netscape web server and certificates

Clarence.Pate@bridge.bellsouth.com Clarence.Pate@bridge.bellsouth.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:04:02 -0600

Hello all!

I have been posting questions every couple of months concerning digital
certificates and different types of authorization capabilities.  I think I have
finally convinced some people to look at using zope here at work.

Does anyone have any tips or hints for using Zope with Netscape web server on
HP-UX 10.2?  I don't have any way to test this before I get started, and I need
to have my ducks in a row before I start telling someone else how to make Zope
work (I don't have access to the machine that will host Zope).

I have used Zope on WinNT to display data from an Access database, and I have
played around with Zope on Linux (I did not have time to recreate my Access
database on Linux).

One of the things that I am trying to accomplish besides just trying to get
people to use Zope for more general stuff:

1. I need to allow users to login to Zope to approve requests for items (I am
looking at using LoginManager, Wizards and ZopePTK)
2. I need to use digital certificates for authentication (Verisign has a module
for Netscape web server which allows for certificate lookups to verify that the
certifcate is valid and issued by us)
3. I need to pass through the user information from Netscape so that I can keep
track of the user who is approving a request.
4. requests and approvals/denials will probably be stored in a rdbms, but some
information may need to be stored in zodb for searches

Clarence T. Pate