[Zope] newbie - create and call methods ?

Eric Simoëns Eric.Simoens@inpg.fr
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 18:25:35 +0100

Hello all,

I've been looking in the available zope documentation, listening to
this list, looking in the archive of this list (BTW : are you planning
to add a keyword search ?)... That is to say that I'm used to
searching for the info about open source OS and applications, but I
have to admit I'am almost discouraged using Zope as the doc is really
scarse compared with what is usually found.

So, sorry, I post my newbie questions :

I would like to create a method to generate a link (href) with a
leading image and text formatting, and so on. I'd like the method to
have two arguments : the name of the link and the URL.

How do I create a method with arguments ?
How do I call a methods with arguments ?
Do I mistake attributes (for docs but not for methods) and arguments ?

If you have pointers to documents I haven't found that...

Thanks in advance,
Greetings,
Eric

PS: Here is what I tryed:
--- DTML method "meth_link"
<h2>
  <dtml-var img_puce_paragraph>
  <dtml-var link_name>
  </a>
</h2>

--- in an other method
<dtml-var name="meth_link" link_name="foo" link_url="la_url">

--- Zope error
Invalid attribute name, "link_name", for tag <dtml-var
name="meth_link" link_name="foo" link_url="la_url">, on line 6 of
txt_user_content