[Zope] GUF: Generic User Folder

Hung Jung Lu hungjunglu@hotmail.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 09:55:19 PST

jon prettyman <jprettyma-@acm.org> wrote:
>Not to mention, it will only authenticate DTML constructs, not content
>such as PDF's, static HTML files, ...
>"Evan Simpson" <evan@4-am.com> writes:
> > I wouldn't recommend it; Changes in the implementation of the
>authentication
> > machinery will break this, probably in the next release.

I know, I know. :) But how otherwise do I get you people
to come out from hiding without posting a hack like that? :)

GUF has problems and we have to face it. If a product takes
a few days to install, if a product locks newbies up and send
them into panic attack, it has problems. Please just look
up past postings in the mailing list... headers like "Bad...
very bad" and "GenericUserFolder has locked me out" are
just heartbreaking. :)

If I have time I'll find something better, or make something
better. :)

Evan:

(1) When the the next version of Zope coming out?
    It fixes a tiny bug that I reported. :)
    Will it have a native feature like SiteAccess that
    you have mentioned before?

(2) Could you describe briefly how the traverse machinery
    works in Zope? I'd like to take a look into it. Which
    Python files are involved?

regards!

Hung Jung