[Zope] Zope Weekly News

Mike Pelletier mike@digicool.com
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:20:56 -0500 (EST)

G'day,

    Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and interesting
    events which have occurred on the various Zope mailing lists and the
    Zope.org site.  It is published each Wednesday evening.

    Any opinions contained in the Zope Weekly News are those of the
    chronicler exclusively (but I'm willing to share).

Announcements

  * The latest versions of the Zope Content Managers Guide, Z SQL
    Method User's Guide and DTML Reference Guides is available in
    postscript(ps) format.  With luck, the technical problems of the
    previous versions have been fixed.

    http://www.zope.org/Members/Pam/PSversion

  * Check out the new Zope Documentation Projects page that lists
    current Zope documentation projects and their status.

    http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Projects/Projects

  * Martijn Faassen <faassen@vet.uu.nl> has established a Zope-XML
    mailing list.  The intent is to discuss Zope's XML infrastructure.

    http://www.egroups.com/group/zope-xml/info.html

New Products

  * Software Product: iTrack Issue Tracker Product, by "shalabh"

    iTrack allows a team of people to keep track of various issues
    about a project. Currently this is in development stage (Version
    0.2.0) but usable, as long as you follow the instructions.

    http://www.zope.org/Members/shalabh/iTrack/

  * Software Product: ZGDChart Product, by "teyc"

    ZGDChart uses gdchart to draw charts.  This product comes with
    Windows binaries and source for non-Windows platforms.  This
    initial development release is 0.3.

    http://www.zope.org/Members/teyc/ZGDChart

  * Software Product: DTMLTemplate, by "halazar"

    DTML Templates are documents that allow blocks of text to be named
    and made available to other documents. The basic building block of
    templates is the DTML block tag, which can also be used with other
    DTML document types. Templates export their blocks. Another new
    tag, the suppress tag, allows block definition without rendering.

    http://www.zope.org/Members/halazar/Products/DTMLTemplate

Updates

  * Software Product: jcNTUserFolder, by Jephte CLAIN

    This product authenticates Zope users against an NT domain
    controller.  All users are encouraged to upgrade to this version,
    0.0.3.  Unfortunately, the upgrade is incompatible.  You will lose
    any role settings.

    http://www.zope.org/Members/jephte/jcNTUserFolder

Zope.org items

  * How-To: The Debugger Is Your Friend, by Michel Pelletier

    This HowTo is an invaluable resource for those days where if I get
    one more mysterious traceback, just one more and I swear I'll
    crack.  It explains how to step through Zope code line-by-line
    with the python debugger.

    http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/HowTos/TheDebuggerIsYourFriend

  * How-To: How to test your products without (re)starting Zope, by "teyc"

    This HowTo describes testing Zope products within a python
    interpreter without starting the Zope server.  This rather speeds
    up the code-test-curse-code cycle, because it allows you to
    quickly reload your Product with each change.

    http://www.zope.org/Members/teyc/howtoProductTesting

--
Mike Pelletier.