[Zope] dtml-echo?

Jeff K. Hoffman jeff.hoffman@goingv.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 14:01:31 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, jessica lee tishmack wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply...I tried the helpful suggestions, but can't
> seem to get this to work.
>
> >put this in a dtml document
> > <dtml-var REQUEST>
>
> When I do this, I get the list of variables...however, REQUEST_URI is not
> in the list (the only REQUEST item in the list is REQUST_METHOD).  Is it
> supposed to be in the list?  Is  this why I am having trouble?  How do I
> get it in the list?

No, it is not supposed to be in the list. Zope is not SSI, nor does it try
to be SSI compatable. Zope does have analogous variables, though. For
example, when I navigate to http://my.server.com/jeff/dumpRequest, I get:

  URL0 = http://my.server.com/jeff/dumpRequest
  URL1 = http://my.server.com/jeff
  URL2 = http://my.server.com

  BASE0 = http://my.server.com
  BASE1 = http://my.server.com
  BASE2 = http://my.server.com/jeff
  BASE3 = http://my.server.com/jeff/dumpRequest

  PATH_INFO = /jeff/dumpRequest
  PATH_TRANSLATED = /jeff/dumpRequest

Since I haven't done much with SSI in the past, I don't know which one is
similiar to REQUEST_URI. If I had to guess, I would say PATH_INFO is the
one you are looking for.

[snip]

> > So your code should work if you do this;
> > href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://dnrdb.cbi.tamucc.edu:80
> > /<dtml-var "REQUEST.environ['REQUEST_URI']">;weblint"
>
> Nope, doesn't work...hmmm...maybe I am not doing this right....I am so new
> to Zope....I tried doing a search on REQUEST_URI and dtml, but get less
> than 5 sites on most search engines, so don't know where else to find
> info...yikes! :-)

Try this:

<A
href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://dnrdb.cbi.tamucc.edu:80&dtml-PATH_INFO;;weblint">Link
Text</A>

or,

<A href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=&dtml-URL0;;weblint">Link
Text</A>

Obviously, the second is preferred, since it is both more clear and
requires less maintenance (the URL is not hardcoded, so if your server
changes from dnrdb.cbi.tamucc.edu to newserver.cbi.tamucc.edu, the code
would not require change.)

> Help,

Hope this helps.

> Jessica

--Jeff

---
Jeff K. Hoffman                                         704.849.0731 x108
Chief Technology Officer                                mailto:jeff@goingv.com
Going Virtual, L.L.C.                                   http://www.goingv.com/