[Zope] could not access //localhost:8080/manage

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:17:34 -0600

At 11:42 PM 3/19/00 +0000, you wrote:
>could not read //localhost:8080/manage  (David Little, Sun Mar 19 11:55:55
>2000)
>I have installed Zope  2.1.4 binary on SuSE linux & followed the instructions
>in  the ZOPE-INSTALL-HOWTO.
>
>running ./start as root  produces the expected output
>
>in KFM with http://localhost:8080 give the Welcome to Xope page
>  click on quick start give the appropriate page
>  click on  management screen give an error message
>
>"Could not read localhost:8080/manage
>File dose not exist or access denied"

That behavior is expected. As far as I remeber, KFM (in the 1.x versions)
does not support HTTP authentication.
Furthermore,
http://localhost:8080/manage?__ac_user=superuser&__ac_password=PASSWORD did
not work for me either.

I don't know how KDE 2.0' new konquerer will handle it. But as much as they
worked on this application, it will work there. Can anyone confirm that?

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development