[Zope] zpasswd.py

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:06:21 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, matt burleigh wrote:
>     import sys, string, sha, binascii, whrandom, getopt, getpass, os
> ImportError: No module named sha

sha is an optional python module.  Presumably it wasn't included
in Modules/Setup when you compiled your python, or wasn't included in
the binary set if you got a binary distrabution.  (It should
be a dynamically loaded module).

The module is used if you request sha encryption on the password.
If you choose some other encryption type the sha routines won't
get called.  So as a quick fix you could remove the sha from
the import line.  But you probably really want to recompile python
to make sure that all modules Zope uses are included.  Hopefully
there's a list somewhere, though I can't recally seeing one...I just
enabled all the modules I could <grin>.

--RDM