[Zope] Falsh Animation and Zope

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:59:50 +0100

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 05:12:35PM -0500, abel gance wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How to set up a Zope web site which utilises Flash animation ?
>
> What is the best way to proceed for integrate Fash animation and DTML
> document,
> when the flash developper don't know Zope and zope developer don't know
> Flash ?
>
> there is someone who build this kind of site ?

You can just use File objects to store the flash content, and refer to the
objects from HTML the same way you would from a static HTML site.

I wrote a special Python object for it, inheriting from File, just so it
would take care of its own HTML tag, just like the Image object does.
This because the site in question contained quite a lot of different Flash
objects, and the widths and heights changed sometimes during the course of
the design. The designers just had to upload their flash content into these  objects, which they very quickly got the hang of.

However, for the one Shockwave game in the site, I just had the Shickwave developer upload to a File object, and the HTML for it was handcoded into the reffering HTML page.

--
Martijn Pieters