[Zope] Using ZopeEDIT with Notepad?

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:44:19 +0100

On Mon, Mar 20, 2000 at 04:25:04PM +0000, Paul Browning wrote:

> OK, so it's not my favourite editor but I thought I'd
> try Notepad with ZopeEDIT for the hell of it.
>
> Can anyone tell me what I should set EDITOR_CMD to?
>
> 'C:\WINNT\system32\notepad.exe' and 'C:\WINNT\system32\notepad.exe %s'
> don't do the job. (What's the %s for anyway?)

The %s will be replaced by the filename. This so Notpad knows what file to
edit.

You will have to double the bacvslahes for this to work, because in Python
(as in many programming languages), the backslash has special meaning:

  'C:\\WINNT\\system32\\notepad.exe %s'

or, you could place an 'r' in front of the string (r stands for raw):

  r'C:\WINNT\system32\notepad.exe %s'

ZopeEDIT will open Notepad for you. When done, you save and close notepad. ZopeEDIT will ask you wether or not you want to save the file to Zope. Click 'Yes', and your changes are now on your Zope server.

--
Martijn Pieters