[Zope] Using ZopeEDIT with Notepad?

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:31:03 +0000

On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 17:44:19 +0100 Martijn Pieters <mj@digicool.com> wrote:

> The %s will be replaced by the filename. This so Notpad knows what file to
> edit.

Doh.

> You will have to double the bacvslahes for this to work, because in Python
> (as in many programming languages), the backslash has special meaning:
>
>   'C:\\WINNT\\system32\\notepad.exe %s'

Doh**2. That now works very nicely. Thanks. One last request:

Any way of suppressing the reflection of the password in the
dialogue box that pops up? That would make my Computing Service
colleagues alot more comfortable.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bris.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/