[Zope] retrieving variables from an earlier form

Joe Hewitt joe@lawlearn.wuacc.edu
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 12:56:05 -0600 (CST)

I'm trying to create several screens to allow my technician to keep a log
of problem reports.

I chose to create a search form.  The data will display in the usual table
form and the user will select the item wanted for display in an update
form with the values shown as default field values.

In the table view, I created a link to my next form in the following way:

<a
href="http://localhost:8080/School/Admin/Computer/displayitem?id=<dtml-var
id>&Submit=Submit&Query">

The problem is that no data gets stuffed into the values="" attributes of
the form which leads me to believe that either I'm not using the
<dtml-sqlvar> tags correctly or I'm not calling the data selected from the
database (mysql) for use in the new form correctly.

I read the how-to on inserting sql data, but I want to create a form that
will update existing records.

Any help will be appreciated,
Joe