[Zope] Weird ZSQL Method thing...

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 11:45:40 +0000

Hi,

This is weird, I've got a solution but I don't know why I need to use it...

I have a DTML Document that uses two ZSQL Methods, something like:
<dtml-in item>
  ...the item ZSQL method returns cid...
 <dtml-var cid>
 <dtml-in case>
    ...the case ZSQL method takes cid as a required parameter
 </dtml-in>
</dtml-in>

Now, using this returns an error: Bad Request: [cid]
which I've grown accustomed to seeing when a requried parameter is missing.
However, if I dtml-comment out the second dtml-in, it works fine and the correct cid is displayed by
the dtml-var.

The only way I can get it to work is to make the second dtml-in look like:
 <dtml-in case(cid=cid)>

I really don't understand why I need to do this and why the 'case' ZSQL method doesn't just pick up
cid from the current namespace...

Any ideas?

Chris